Sunday, August 15, 2021

And... Done!

Finished the Investment Cooking this afternoon.  I made Salisbury Steak which smells so good it's hard not to save one portion for the night's supper but I was strong and got them all into the freezer before temptation overtook me.  Now I have six weeks of suppers put away so I don't continue eating bad things.  It's been a bad week of making poor choices but tomorrow I'll get back onto the straight and narrow.  Cross my heart.



There are still some orange day lilies blooming on the retaining wall.


 

 

And one red day lily showed up this morning too.


 

 


The sedum is starting to bloom.  Over time these pale green flowers will turn a shade of pink and then age to a rusty bronze color.  These are the only mid- to late-summer bloomers in the yard.


I had a bunny visitor to check out the seed fallout from the feeder.


 

 


A Mourning Dove squeezed itself into the platform feeder this morning.  I can't for the life of me figure out how it gets in there.


 

Today's toss was a side-view mirror that I never put on the bicycle that I never ride.  And a book that I sat and reread this afternoon and evening.  A paper book!  I haven't read a paper book in a coon's age.

The prompt today said to write a story with unlikeable characters.  I wrote about a liar.  Ugh.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Your Salisbury Steak looks delish. And six whole weeks without trying to think "what's for dinner?" You are so wise to do that. The tropical storm was a non-event for us; hopefully the next one will be the same.