Wednesday, August 18, 2021

Three Little Birds

That's all I've got for you today, three little birds.  Nothing new is blooming in the yard and what is blooming is looking a bit bedraggled so all I've got is a few birds.


I waited until the Downy Woodpecker landed on the suet cakes to take its picture because of the contortions it went through trying to position itself to peck at the pellets.  There were only a few left at the very bottom of the feeder and one of the squirrels took care of those in short order.



This Goldfinch sat at the birdbath only long enough for me to take its picture but at least it didn't have its back turned to me.



And I caught the Hummingbird at the nectar feeder.  None of the shots are very clear because it was moving at the time but I'm sharing one anyway.  I saw a Hummingbird making the rounds of the daisies, Purple Coneflowers, and day lilies but didn't bother trying to hurry out and snap a picture because I knew it'd be gone before I got my eye to the viewfinder.


Today's toss was a dozen plastic hangers.  I have a zillion hangers that are hanging downstairs collecting dust so why not take them to St. Vincent de Paul so someone else can use them.

The prompt today said to finish this sentence:  "I have never..."  I wrote about my struggles with creativity.  I have never been as uncreative as I have been this last couple years.  I blame grief.  I blame lonliness.  And I blame the pan-damn-demic.  In that order.  I'm working on it every day.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

You create lots of stuff -- especially this wonderful blog. And you created the perfect description of the past two years -- pan-damn-demic! So dreadful and seemingly never-ending. The blurry picture of the hummingbird is perfect. Shows how fast that little thing was batting those wings. Quite creative!