Monday, August 16, 2021

Entered

Today was the first day that Fair entries could be taken in, so I took them in.  I met some friends and we got all of our entries tagged and pinned and ready to be judged tomorrow morning.  Sunday is pickup day, that's when I find out if I've won any ribbons.



The birds were about today.  There are two or three Downy Woodpeckers that take turns on the suet pellets and cakes.  One of them even flies over to the bamboo plant stake next to the house and has a few pecks on the aluminum siding but I'm sure there aren't any tasty morsels there.  P.S. I filled the feeder after I took this picture.


I hoped that this Goldfinch would turn around so I could take a picture of its face but it resolutely kept its back turned.  They never stay long so I was lucky to get this.



And the juvenile Cardinal was back today too.  I like the faint hints of red on the wings and tail which you can't really see but, trust me, they're there.


The geraniums are in their mid-summer glory.  I've got four pots of them and they're surviving pretty well considering I forget to dead head them and only water them every once in a while.


Today's toss was another camisole tank top.  They're almost gone!

The prompt today said that you're on a solo hike and your backpack is getting heavier by the step.  In it is water, food, your favorite keepsake, and your cellphone.  What do you get rid of?  That was an easy choice for me, I'd get rid of the keepsake.  I'm not so much of a "thing" person.  I keep memories in my head and my heart and don't feel the need for tangible reminders.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

If you don't come home with a bunch of Blue Ribbons, I'm going to lodge a complaint. I'd get rid of the keepsake too. It can always be replaced with someone else's keepsake donated to Goodwill!