Tuesday, August 24, 2021

Black-Eyed Susans

The rudbeckia or Black-eyed Susans on the west side of the house are blooming away doing their best to hide the meters over there.  I keep hoping that they'll spread out so that they cover the whole area but it's a slow process.



The daisies are fading.  The bee balm's red petals are gone, only the fuzzy centers are left.


I got a picture of the Downy Woodpecker female at the suet cakes but did not get a picture of the half-again bigger Hairy Woodpecker male on the suet pellets that arrived right after this and only stayed thirty seconds.  Long enough for me to see it but not long enough for me to get the camera up and working.



I haven't been knitting a lot on this mitt.  I'm not used to knitting with yarn this skinny so I'm not used to it taking so long to get anywhere.  Two more rounds and I start the hand.


Tonight's sunset was much more colorful than last night's so I went out into the humidity and skeeters to take its picture.


Today's toss was two knitting books.  I looked at them and realized that I'd never knit anything out of them so into the donate box they went.

The prompt today said to write a standup comedy routine on the theme of extinction.  I mean, really?  So I wrote a page about some hunter shooting the last dodo bird but it isn't very funny.  I think my funnybone is extinct.

I was going to fold a basket of laundry today but I didn't.  It'll wait.  I'm not out of underwear yet.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

The Bee Balm does look sad but that sunset makes up for it. Remember when you were making that Sudoku afghan? That did take forever!