Saturday, August 21, 2021

Yarny

Today was a yarny day.  I got tired of myself because I've been knitting dishcloths and toe caps and preemie hats for weeks and months so I dug around, found a ball of pretty yarn, found a pattern, and cast on a fingerless mitt.  This is not much more complicated than the things I've been knitting but it has a thumb and there is a bit of yarny magic that goes with the pattern so I'm feeling pretty good about it.  I didn't get much done, only a few rounds of ribbing, but it's a start.



I stopped knitting on it because I had a few more rounds of toe cap to finish.


 

 

Here's another one of Dad's roses that's blooming away out there in the blazing sun and stifling humidity.  Can you tell I avoided going outside today?  Although I did venture out to ALDI for blueberries and grapes.  Can't be out of my two current favorite fruits.


Today's toss was another stack of old workshop folders.  I paged through them and found a first draft of a scene in Seaview that I changed but I kind of like the way it was before the change so I saved that for further review.

The prompt today said to write a wedding speech by a jilted groom.  Well, that's cheerful, isn't it?  So I wrote about a guy talking to the guests saying it would be a shame to waste all the food so they might as well eat and has anyone seen the best man.  Ooh, it seems like the bride ran away with the best man...

We're supposed to have one day, tomorrow, with temps in the mid-70s and low humidity, before the heat and muggy comes back.  Guess I'll be out weeding the retaining wall tomorrow.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Oh those red, red roses. No wonder that's my favorite color. Yours too if I'm not mistaken. Very, very hot and muggy down here but you shouldn't have to endure it up there in the northland.