Wednesday, May 26, 2021

Today!

It didn't take a few days for there to be poppies, there are some today.  I found these on the side of the house when I went out to mow this morning.  I love the papery look of the petals and the powdery purple pollen in the centers.


I went to a funeral this morning and couldn't stay.  My local writing partner passed away last week and her funeral was this morning.  I was all prepared to go to the service but wasn't prepared for the room being packed with people, mostly unmasked.  The deceased was the only one I knew in the room so I signed the book and skedaddled.  I've never been a fan of crowds and today was more than I could cope with.

So I came home and mowed, first the front yard, then, after lunch, the back yard.  The grass sure seems to be growing too fast these days.  The self-propelled function isn't working like it used to so I do a lot more pushing than before.  Seems like I'll need a new mower before next mowing season.



The irises are still blooming even though the wind blew them over yesterday.  The weather was perfect today except that the breeze was out of the northwest which means that I was bathed in the aroma of chargrilled burgers from Burger King while I mowed.  It wasn't strong enough that I ached to go over and get one, though.


Today's toss was a 4XL tee shirt that hangs like a sack on me.  I need to find some summer capris too.  My old ones hang on me but I'm not too crazy about going shopping.  Maybe I can find some online.

The prompt today was to write the plot of a horror story set on a high-speed train.  Uh, I don't watch horror movies and I don't read horror stories so that was a challenge.  I ended up with a crazy person stowing away and throwing people off the train.  I didn't get to the end so I don't know about a hero or heroine to save the day.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

"Powderly purple pollen" - tongue twister! But very descriptive and the poppy is pretty! Hey, that could be part of the tongue twister. I hear you about the funeral. Nice you showed up but I can understand the not staying part.