Wednesday, May 12, 2021

Hummm

 The Hummingbird came for a visit again today.  I suspect that she comes more than once a day but, if I'm lucky, I catch sight of her once.  And if I'm really lucky, I manage to snap a photo.  Today she was barely visible on the side of the feeder but I'm sharing it anyway because I am in awe of the little miracle.  She's so small she doesn't seem real.



I captured a Chickadee too.  They're another zippy bird that comes and goes many times a day and rarely stays long enough for a picture.


 

 

I spent some time out in the garden weeding because it was in the mid-60s and sunny today and I found some more asparagus.  Not really enough for a veggie with supper but I ate it anyway.  Yum.  I pulled a bunch of onions that survived from last year so now I have a handful of scallions from the garden in the fridge.



The Bleeding Hearts have started to open.




I started May Preemie Hat #2 so I'll have something to knit at  Zoom Social knitting tomorrow evening.  I suspect that I'll be playing yarn chicken when I'm near the end of the hat but I'm forging ahead.


Instead of tossing something today I boxed them up and took the tosses to Goodwill.

The prompt today asked that you describe a table to someone who had never seen one.  Not a difficult task but one that required a bit of thinking.

I also took my favorite yellow sweater to the cleaners to see if he can get out the apple stains.  I am astonished that immediate washing didn't take them out and I had to confess that it had been in the dryer.  He said he'd do his best.  Oh I hope he's successful.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

If the stain on your sweater isn't too big, maybe you can embroider a design over it. We always think of hummingbirds as female, don't we? They just seem too small to be a guy!