Friday, May 7, 2021

Beautiful Sunset

I was in the Friday NIght Knitting Zoom room when one of the zoomies remarked on the sunset she could see out her window.  Since she lives about 50 miles north of me I knew that my sunset would be worth seeing too so I left the Zoom room to grab my camera and step out on the front porch to snap a couple pictures.  I find myself wishing that my neighbors' house wasn't in the way but that's a pretty unreasonable wish, I think.



We had periods of rain this afternoon and at one point we even had hail.  You can barely see the little white pellets in the rug on the patio but, trust me, there's hail there.  Not the golf ball size stuff of Texas but small, dainty hail the size of BBs.


The only knitting project I have on the go is the Purples Sock so that's what I worked on at Friday Night Knitting, which means I made some progress on the foot of the sock.  Another inch and a half and it'll be time to knit the toe decreases.  Then I'll have to get something else on the go.  Maybe more preemie hats.



Look at what I picked out of the garden!  Asparagus!  I've been keeping my eye on these spears since they were less than two inches tall so today I went out between the rain showers and picked them.  I steamed them in the microwave and ate them for supper.  They were delicious.



For a touch of wildlife, here's a picture of the little chipmunk that dashes across the patio to the fallen birdseed.  Every once in a while it perches on the step outside the patio door to survey the land.  No birds today, only a furry little chippie.


Today's toss was a hoodie that doesn't have a full zipper.  I'm not a fan of the ones that you have to put on over your head.

The prompt today had a sentence with blanks to fill in and then write a paragraph about.  I did it but it's lame so I'm not sharing.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Oh that beautiful sunset!! Those vivid colors -- amazing. Asparagus is on my menu too -- but the store-bought kind. Springtime veggie for both of us.