Thursday, May 27, 2021

Drizzle

What a crap day!  Yesterday was perfect, sunny and 70, and today was rainy starting at noon and never got up to 50.  Jeez, this yo-yo weather is making me crazy.  I don't know how to dress from one day to the next.  I wore shorts and a tee shirt when I mowed yesterday and today I'm back in jeans, a long-sleeved tee shirt, and a knitted vest to cut the chill.   Thank goodness I decided to mow yesterday.  I was thinking about waiting until today but, like I said, it started drizzling at noon and only got rainier as the day went on.



The birds have not been posing the last few days, although I did see a Hummingbird in the vicinity of the feeder twice today but it wasn't posing.  So instead of birds we have a two-toned squirrel on the suet pellets.  This squirrel looks like a Franken-squirrel; it's coat is one color down to its waist and a completely different color from there down, like parts of two squirrels sewed together.



There were a couple poppy buds just opening yesterday and I meant to check to see if they were open today but I wasn't about to go out in the rain.  See the sunshine?  That was yesterday.



This afternoon I portioned out M&Ms and pretzel twists and then I started another toe cap.  This yarn has sparkles but it never shows up in pictures, which drives me nuts.  I take a number of shots but the shiny doesn't show.  Grr.


Today's toss was a striped knit shirt that should fit but doesn't and it doesn't look good.  Out it goes.

The prompt today said to write a weather report in the style of a children's character so I wrote it like Cookie Monster.  "Full moon like cookie.  Cookie!  Om nom nom.  Rain like milk to dunk cookie.  Cookie!  Om nom.  Sun bright to melt chocolate chip cookie.  Cookie!!  Om nom nom."  Silly and fun.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

You could be a writer for Sesame Street. Sounds just like Cookie Monster. Love the sun on the poppy buds but sorry it didn't hang around. At least you got the yard mowed before it rained.