Saturday, May 22, 2021

Sticky

It was hot enough today that the air conditioner turned on in the middle of the day without help from me.  I was sitting on the couch knitting and realized that I felt cool air blowing on me.  It took me an hour to finish knitting the cast sock because I was watching an episode of the Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries that I DVR on Friday nights.  Have you watched that on PBS?  It's a series from a few years ago from Australia, is set in the 20s or 30s, and has the best clothes and cars.



The ostrich ferns are growing swiftly in the heat and humidity of the last few days.  The fronds have shot right up and started filling in.  I love the bright chartreuse of them.



The lilies of the valley started blooming!  They smell so good and are so sweet with their little white bells on the green stems.  Every spring I snip one off and tuck it into a card that I send to DD in Kentucky.  She loves them so I make sure that she has one from home.  They remind me of my grandparents' patch of them in Indiana too.



I noticed this afternoon that the honeysuckle is starting to bloom.  I love the color of the flowers and the fact that they attract the Hummingbirds.  I saw the male Hummingbird at the feeder this afternoon but of course he was on the back side where I could barely see him and couldn't take his picture.  He hovered for a split second so I got to see his ruby throat.  I think I'm going to try a different feeder to see if that one makes it easier to see the birdies.


Today's toss was a few chairs-in-a-bag that have sat in the garage for years without being used.  Someone should get the use of them instead of them rotting out there.

The prompt today asked what event in your past you would relive if you could and why.  I chose my first ocean dive because it was such a revelation.  It took all of my nerve to roll off the boat into the ocean and then it was like swimming in an aquarium.  There have been lots of events I'd like to relive but that one popped into my head first so it got written about.

I was going to sew up the next shirt but didn't.  I just didn't have the oomph today to go down there and be productive.  Sitting and watching TV was my speed today.  I should have gone in search of birdseed since the store I went to yesterday was out but, like I said, I just didn't have the energy.  Maybe tomorrow.  Or Monday.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

One of the pluses of retirement -- "maybe tomorrow" -- or maybe not! My TV addiction is "Escape to the Chateau" on HGTV. I can watch the episodes over and over again. Like we do with "Law and Order." We are easily amused!