Friday, May 21, 2021

Sewing Up

It was drizzly and humid today so I stayed inside in the afternoon.  Now that I think of it, I was inside in the morning too.  Anyway, in the afternoon I went downstairs and finished the Shirt no.1 that I started sewing up yesterday.  All I had left to do was hem the sleeves and the bottom.  I think it looks summery. Maybe I'll wear it tomorrow.



The Catbird came for a bath this morning.  It came yesterday too and spent time meowing on the birdbath rim.  It really sounds like a cat, it's kind of weird but there was a bird imitating a cat.



I made good progress on May Toe Cap #1 at Friday Night Knitting tonight.  I'm only about four rounds from being finished but my hands got tired so I slowed down to give them a break.


Today's toss was a mesh cardigan that was Mom's and is too small for me.  I thought it would fit me now but it's still too small and I don't like it much anyway.

The prompt today said that your appearance totally changes overnight.  How do you convince those around you that you are yourself?  I suppose by telling them something that only I would know, some secret or something that we did alone together.  Or I could have a fresh start and be somebody else!

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Definitely a summery-looking top and I hope you're wearing it today. Strange to have a bird sound like a cat. Wonder what God's intention was when he made that? Maybe it happened on April Fool's Day.