Sunday, May 2, 2021

A Quiet Sunday

I didn't do much today.  Just went out into the garden to clean up some of last year's stalks and dead heads.  I carried a nice armful down to the curb.  Next I need to weed the garden area and around the blueberry bushes, which have never thrived in my poor old garden but I keep trying.  I found three asparagus stalks in amongst the weeds that made a nice accompaniment to my chicken and rice for supper.  I forgot to take their picture but you know what asparagus looks like.  There's more to come so I'll photograph the next batch.


There's a pair of English Sparrows that's courting in my backyard.  She flits in and lands coyly on the birdbath then he swoops over and lands on the feeder, throwing out some seed and trying to act masterful.  So far I don't think she's impressed.



The pink tulip must have heard me say that it isn't my favorite color of flower because I noticed today that it has upped its game.  Its petals are starting to ruffle just the littlest bit as it's opening.  Putting on a show to curry favor, I reckon.



In the afternoon a Cardinal came to the feeder and stayed long enough to have its picture taken.  I wish they'd stick around longer so I could enjoy seeing them.  Some people think that Cardinals represent loved ones that have passed.  I'm not sure I believe that but if it's true then whoever that is has a busy schedule because he comes and then goes almost immediately.


Today's toss was that armload of sticks and stalks.

The prompt today said to write a letter to younger you so I did.  I advised younger me to watch her weight better because it's a pain to deal with it at this late stage of the game.

Today wasn't a cheerful day and I don't know why.  I seldom know why my days go bad.  I thought getting outside in the fresh air would help and it did, a little.  Ooh, thunder in the distance.  Maybe we'll have a storm.  We need the rain.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

You must give that tulip its due. Putting on ruffles at this point shows it's trying. I hear you about good days and bad. I'm just glad they aren't all bad. And I do have this little visit from you every morning to start the day right. Thank you. XXXXX