Thursday, May 6, 2021

Bird Day

 I got them.  Pictures of the colorful birds, that is.  First thing this morning a Cardinal came and chased away all of the House Finches from the platform feeder.  Cardinals don't share well.  I hoped that the Mrs. would come too but no luck.



 

In the afternoon a Goldfinch came to the birdbath for a minute and I was quick enough to snap a photo or two.  I don't know why they're so skittish but they are.


 

Seeing that the lilac is fixing to bloom made me go downstairs for the Hummingbird feeder and cook up some birdie juice and get it out there.  I checked the Hummingbird Migration Map online and they're been spotted all around Green Bay so it's time.  I should probably put out the Oriole feeder too but don't know if I will or not.  I've kind of run out of space for another feeder and don't want to establish another clump of feeders in the middle of the yard like I used to have.  I'll think about it.



I finished knitting May Preemie Hat #1 this evening while watching PBS.  This is the end of this skein of yarn.  I'm sorry to see it go.  It's nice yarn to knit with.



Today's toss was the last big shirt I'm getting rid of.  I'll keep one just in case I need a light coverup this summer.

The prompt today said to look at your latest junk mail and rearrange the words to make it mean the opposite.  I get old lady junk mail and it drives me nuts.  I keep getting postcards from someone who is eager to buy my house FOR CASH.  (His caps, not mine.)  I don't want to sell my house right now but I'm not going to respond to say "thanks but no thanks" since I think that'll only encourage him.  So I wrote a paragraph as if I'm the one wanting to sell and he's resistant.  Lame, but I got it done.

I stopped at the brewery this morning to visit with DS.  He was cleaning kegs so he had some time to visit while the keg cleaner ran.  With the nicer weather the taproom is doing better.  Thank. God.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

I hope you saw the Amy Tan piece on PBS. So interesting. I thought about you and your writing as I watched it. Glad to read the brewery is doing well. And nice that you could have a visit with the Brewmeister.