Sunday, May 30, 2021

Sundown Sunday

It was sunny for most of today but clouds rolled in during the afternoon making the sunset higher in the sky which made it easier for me to take a picture of it.  Not as dramatic as a horizon sunset but a nice pastel one.



The male Catbird came for a dip this afternoon.  I like the jaunty lines of him and the way he cocks his tail when he's on the rim of the birdbath.  Naturally he flew away as soon as I lined up to take a cocked tail shot.


Now there are two French Irises.  I was tempted to cut one and bring it inside but thought better of it.  I don't know if iris like being in a vase of water so I left them where they grew.  I have hopes for more of them but so far no more buds.



There are tiny little buds about as big as my thumbnail on the Stella d'Oro day lilies all along the retaining wall.  I can't wait until there's a long line of little yellow lilies to show you.



The last surviving Asiatic lily in front is full of buds too.  There's lots to look forward to.


Today's toss was the stack of foam alphabet tiles that the grandkids have outgrown.

The prompt today asked what you have done that might be considered daring.  That was an easy one--I've been diving with sharks.  Not a baited shark dive but been diving when sharks swam by.  They're big and graceful.

I did laundry today.  I was going to take a walk but contented myself with walking up and down the basement stairs a bunch of times.  DD called tonight and we had a nice long chat.  She said they're planning to spend Christmas here this year.  Hooray!  It was great to talk with you too, Aunt B!

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Beautiful sunset. Glad you had a nice day -- even including laundry!! And great to think of Christmas with DD's family. Something to look forward to -- especially with that adorable boy of theirs.