Sunday, May 23, 2021

Chilly

Well.  Yesterday it was humid and in the 80s.  Today it was overcast, breezy, and barely cracked the 60s.  It's no wonder the back of my throat feels scratchy with the violent swings in weather fronts around here.  And tomorrow the front is supposed to slip back north so that it'll be in the 80s and humid tomorrow.  Gah!


I looked out the back window to see the first iris bud has opened.  Flags, my Grandma Angermeier used to call them flags.and in googling "purple flags flower" up pops pictures of irises so I guess she wasn't the only one.  By the looks of the buds more should be open soon.



The alliums in the back garden have opened too, a whole lot of them.  They aren't very clumped together so it was hard to get a decent picture of them.


I spent most of the day swapping winter clothes and socks for summer clothes and socks.  I sorted through my leggings tossing the ones that don't fit anymore too.  On one trip up or down stairs, I sat for a few minutes and hemmed the Shirt no.1 that I started the other day.  This one will be good for hot days since it's gauze and very light.  That makes five new Shirts no.1 which seems like the right number of them for now.  I'll make more when these get too big--someday.



This evening I started another cast sock so I have something to knit tomorrow evening at zoom social knitting.



Today's toss was a bag of t-shirts and leggings that have outlived their usefulness to me.

The prompt today said to write a short story set in a laundromat.  I got started but ran out of page before I got to the good part.  Tsk.

I went to Meijer this afternoon and found the birdseed that the birdseed store was out of so I bought two bags, came home, and filled the feeder.  Check.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

If you don't like the weather, wait a minute! Seems like it changes on the turn of a dime. But you're ready for summertime with your five -- count 'em five -- new tops. Love the picture of the purple flag.