Tuesday, May 25, 2021

Poppies!

I am happy to report that there are buds on the poppies.  I love the fuzzy buds, I think they look like lion noses, don't ask me why.  One plant has buds, the other two don't.  Yet.  But they will and for a few days there'll be poppies in the garden.

 


The Goldfinch stopped by for a drink today.  The Mrs. didn't come by, only the Mr. did, maybe she's busy on the nest.



Another iris bloomed today.  This one is more of a red violet color than the blue violet of the other ones.  It was extremely windy today so all of the iris stalks got blown down, poor sad things.  I went to Stein's in the afternoon and bought some coleus for the pots across the front of the house and four $1 geraniums for the patio pots.  I hurried them into the ground and didn't take a picture.  They were very dry so I wanted to get them potted and watered in before they started to droop.  We need rain.



And I finished May Toe Cap 2 this morning.




Today's toss was some powder fresh scent Secret deodorants that I bought a while back before I switched to unscented.  I tried using the scented but could smell it on me all day and it bugged me so out they go.  Someone will like them.

The prompt today said that you wake up in the hospital not knowing how or why you are there.  Write the beginning of a short story about it.  So I did and it wasn't too bad.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

We need rain too. The plants on our lanai are very sad so I'll get out there with the hose later. Beautiful goldfinch and I agree with your description of the poppy buds. Fuzzy lion heads for sure.