Thursday, May 20, 2021

Cutting Out

It was humid this afternoon.  Hot too.  Humid enough that I tootsed the A/C down one degree just to get the humidity out of the house.  We had a little rain in the morning which started the whole humidity cycle and I don't think it's supposed to get any better over the weekend.  I swear, first it's too chilly for the season and then a few days later, zap!, it's too hot for the season.  I'd like a little consistency, please, although this way I got to wear a cotton sweater, long jeans, shorts, and a tee shirt all within a few days.



I pulled out the patterns for 100 Acts of Sewing's Shirt no. 1 and Pants no. 1, got the fabric I bought last week, the scissors, and pins and did a little investment cutting.  Now when the urge to sew attacks I'll have a couple projects to entertain me.  I confess, when I took it all back downstairs (I cut on the living room floor) I sat right down and sewed one of the shirts together and sewed in the neckline binding.  Now all that's left is to hem the bottom and the sleeves.


There was a good amount of Hummingbird activity today.  Most of the time I just caught a glimpse of one zooming off from the feeder but this one stuck around long enough for me to get one shot.


 


I got to the knitting guild meeting tonight and realized that I'd finished the last preemie hat and hadn't started anything else so there was everyone else with something to do and I didn't have anything.  So I went into the living room and grabbed the first project bag I came to and started a cast sock.  I like this yarn.


Today's toss was a book that I got for a friend who was ill but I didn't have the chance to get it to her before it was too late.  Dammit.

The prompt today said to write the plot of a romantic comedy on a cruise ship.  So.  I put a young man running away from an unsatisfying stint in the corporate world to be a lounge singer on a cruise ship that's mostly full of seniors.  One granny brings her young granddaughter along but it's Granny who falls under the spell of a white-haired Lothario. Granddaughter is worried the guy's out for Granny's money so she and the singer cook up a plan to pretend to fall in love to distract Granny.  Lame, trite, and predictable but it's what my fevered brain came up with on short notice.

--Barbara 

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Springtime weather is always crazy -- cold one day, hot the next. Kinda cool down here but we'll take it. Hurricane Season is on the way and that's always an anxious time. Glad our generator has been tuned up and is ready if it's called into action.