Monday, May 24, 2021

Pneumonia Weather

That's what the weatherman called the weather we've been having this week.  One day hot and humid, the next cool and breezy, then back to hot and humid.  In three days I've had the a/c on, the furnace on, and the a/c on again.  I've had the furnace and the a/c on today.  Not that I believe that the weather causes pneumonia or a cold but it's been just nuts.  And it's not supposed to get much more stable over the next few days.


I got a picture of a pair of Cowbirds today.  They stopped for a minute and I managed to nab their photo.  Cowbirds are notable because the female lays her eggs in other birds' nests so that they raise her chicks for her.  I don't know why they're called Cowbirds; I know that they don't moo.  Maybe they hang around with cows.



More irises opened today.  One stalk of them tipped over so I could see the fuzzy part of the flower.  I don't know what part it is or what it's called but I like the contrast of the purple petals and the yellow fuzz.


And the chives are blooming.  I'll make a salad for supper tomorrow night and might pick a chive flower and tear it apart to garnish my salad.  I've still got grilled teriyaki chicken, grape tomatoes, and mini cucumbers to build my supper salad.  Yum.


 


I didn't get May Toe Cap 2 finished tonight at Zoom social knitting, too much talking, but I'm within an inch of starting the decreases.  I've had this yarn since I learned to knit and still love the colors.  I'll be sorry when I've knitted it all up.



Today's toss was a bra that I don't have enough boob to fill the cups anymore.  Sorry, TMI (too much information).

I didn't write today.  I went to the store, stopped at the gas station, and thought about the next art assignment.  We're supposed to paint or draw something memorable on a paper plate.  I have two ideas and printed off some graphics from a Print Shop program.  I can't decide if I should trace them (I for sure can't draw them) or cut them out and make a collage.  At least I found out today that watercolors stick to the paper plates I have.

--Barbara

2 comments:

Aunt B said...

Those cowbirds look like ravens to me. Don't know why and I'm not even sure what a raven looks like. But I'll leave it at that. Quoth Aunt Barbara, Evermore!

Aunt B said...

Oops! Should have said "Nevermore." Guess that shows I'm not a poet. Can't even plagiarize one!