Saturday, May 29, 2021

Sunny Saturday

It was perfect today, sunny and warm with a little breeze.  I was tempted to roll up the side of the house and let the fresh air blow through but contented myself with opening the windows.

 

For the first time one of the French irises bloomed.  This one is bluer than the regular irises and smaller, therefore lighter so the stalk didn't collapse under the weight of the flower like the other ones did.



The poppies on the side of the house are still opening.  None of the ones in the garden patch have popped yet.


Just as I finished yoga this morning a female Hummingbird landed on the feeder and stayed there for more than a minute.  Plenty of time for me to grab the camera and take her picture.  I wonder if she has a nest nearby.



I started May Toe Cap #4 this afternoon but got caught up watching episodes of Call the Midwife and found my hands lying in my lap instead of knitting so I didn't make much headway.



Today's toss was another shirt.  A long-sleeved tee this time.

The prompt today asked what makes you laugh.  My grandkids' antics make me laugh.  It makes me sad that I couldn't think of anything else that makes me laugh these days.

I've been on a hunt to find my fair ribbons.  The program at last week's Knitting Guild Zoom was given by a pair of fair judges.  Hearing them got me enthused about entering this year and I wanted to find the ribbons because I want to make sure that I don't reenter anything.  I found them and in the process I cleaned out the desk.  And then I ran the vacuum around the house just for good measure.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Can't wait to see what you enter in this year's fair. I know you'll come home with more ribbons to add to your collection. Happy Memorial Day. XXXXX