Saturday, May 8, 2021

I Saw One!

I saw a Hummingbird this afternoon! I didn't get a picture, it was too fast, but I definitely saw a Hummingbird.  Ahhh.  It's a good thing that I put the feeder out day before yesterday.


The bleeding hearts are fixing to open.  It'll be a few days but it's exciting to see the bud clusters forming on the branches.



 

And the lilies of the valley are up.  A few of them have tiny flower stalks emerging from the furled leaves too.


 

 

The violet clump under the birdfeeder is in fine form.  There are drifts of these white violets all over my lawn.  I'm sure if I sprayed weed & feed they'd all die but there are so many weeds that my lawn would be a sea of brown polka dots of bare ground in the struggling grass.



And the forsythia is starting to open up leaves.  I had it trimmed last fall so I was afraid that it wouldn't bloom this year but it had a good amount of flowers and now the leaves are coming.  Green!


Today's toss was another over-the-head hoodie.

The prompt today was to describe being at the seaside without using touch, sight, and smell.  That was hard.  I thought of blowing sand stinging your skin and the taste of salt water when the waves break and splash.

Today I got to pick up LC and OJ for a trip to the park and a picnic.  It was sunny but with a chilly breeze.  They played for hours on the playground and then we shared a Meemaw picnic of salami, cheese curds, Wheat Thins, grapes, and baby carrots.  I always bring the same thing for our lunch, it's easy finger food.  I should probably ask them if they'd like something else next time.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Thanks for the tour of your backyard "garden" -- so much blooming out there. I bet if you changed the menu of the Meemaw picnic, the kids would be disappointed. Sounds like a wonderful afternoon at the park.