Sunday, May 9, 2021

I Caught One!

 

 

A Hummingbird.  On film, er, digital image but I was quick enough to nab a photo of the little lady as she rested on the perch having a sip of nectar.


 


I also caught a Goldfinch on the feeder.  He wasn't quite as zippy as the Hummingbird but I still didn't have much time to capture him.



The allium in front of the house are starting to open.  I always think that the flower head will be bigger.  It looks bigger in pictures but when it blooms it's smaller than a tennis ball, more like a ping pong ball.


 


Dad's rose is back!  It's sprouting from the ground.  I thought it used to sprout from last year's canes first but the last few years it has only sprouted from the ground.  I don't care, I'm just confused.



I knitted on the Purples Sock today and got to and halfway through the toe decreases.  This yarn is very thin and the needles I'm using are really too big for it but I just can't face knitting on such tiny needles so I make do.  I've knitted a couple other socks with this yarn and needle combo and it's turned out okay so it'll be fine.  I'll get it finished tomorrow, I'm sure, and then cast on another preemie hat.


Today's toss was an old "dressy" sweater that's four sizes too big.  Out!

The prompt today said to look around and write down the first initial of eight things you see and then write a poem using words that start with those letters.  I did that.  It isn't art but it is done.  It's pretty terrible, but it's done.

DD texted and called today and DS texted and invited me over for Mother's Day tea this afternoon.  It wasn't a dressy tea, there was no enthusiasm for tea-wear and it was too chilly, but we had a nice visit and DIL1 made strawberry rhubarb crisp.  It was delicious.  The kids played and the adults visited; it was a nice time.

Happy Mother's Day to all the mom's out there in blog-land!

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Afternoon tea on Mother's Day. Sounds divine -- especially with rhubarb crisp baked by your very own chef de cuisine DIL. Glad you captured the hummingbird at the feeder. Somehow those tiny things seem so special. A robotic one appeared on "60 Minutes" last night. Hope you saw it.