Saturday, May 1, 2021

Me Made May

That's a thing.  You're supposed to wear clothes that you've made every day in May but today I made things, finished things, so I'm counting it.  First I went downstairs and finished the orange and white linen Shirt no. 1 from 100 Acts of Sewing.  I think I've just about got the neckline right.  That's one great thing about these patterns, she tells you how to adjust them to fit your style and your body.



Then I finished the Perky Little Hat and made the biggest pompom I have ever made.  It's huge!  I might knit another hat with this pattern but use bigger needles so that the stitches are a little looser.  At least that's my theory.



I was sitting at the kitchen table when I saw a tiny brown bird land on the patio.  It was a wren and it was doing some housekeeping in the birdhouse.  I wonder if this is the same wren that nested in there last year.


Then I did the rest of the laundry and washed a sink full of dishes.  I had an apple for a snack and dripped apple juice on my cotton sweater (it's cold in the basement) so I tossed it right into the wash.  It came out of the dryer and still had the apple juice stains.  I never realized that apple juice stains.  Now the sweater's down there with stain treatment hopefully breaking up the stains.  Oh, I hope I can get it out, that sweater's kind of my favorite.


Today's toss was some pajamas that don't fit anymore and a pair of me-made pants that don't fit either.

The prompt today said to take the first line of your latest email and write a scene from there.  I kind of cheated and went back to the latest personal email, not an advertisement or recipe, and went from there.  It didn't turn out too badly--for once.

It was windy today and got up to 82 degrees.  Yesterday it was 63 and tomorrow it's supposed to be 65 and rainy.  Monday is supposed to be even cooler.  Crazy weather.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

You certainly won't have a problem with the Me Made May thing. Your new top looks very "springy" even though the cute hat says "winter." Nice to see a little wren in your birdhouse. They definitely say spring!