Friday, March 5, 2021

Write This Down

Today, for the first time in months, I got out the Alphasmart, called up my nature sounds music on Amazon Music, sat at the desk, and wrote something.  My friend, ACJ, asked when she called last week if the Better Than Mom's story was really done.  I confessed that I had dashed off a wrap up and pretended that the story was finished but I knew the truth.  It wasn't really done, I'd quit on it.  It occurred to me a few weeks ago that I really haven't written anything since Durwood died.  I just don't seem to have the oomph.  Well, if I don't have any new ideas, then I need to work on old ideas and make them better.  So today I did.  I managed two small scenes, neither one over a thousand words, but that's a thousand times better than I have been doing.



This little female House Finch was the only bird I saw on the feeders today.  I saw a squirrel on the ground but I was too busy writing to sit and stare out the window looking for birds.  That was a good thing.


When I went out for my walk today in the 43 degree windless sunshine, I saw that last week's little green sprouts have grown.  A lot.  It's so amazing to see that bright green hyacinth leaves in the dull brown mulch.



At Friday Night Knitting tonight I finished the March Cast Sock #2.  Naturally I didn't manage to stretch the project knitting out so that I finished right at nine o'clock so I cast on another one but only got one round done.  There isn't much to see yet.




I found another pair of too big jeans to toss today.  Now the only jeans that I have are my new much smaller, fits like a glove jeans.  Oh, and a couple pairs of jeggings but I don't count them as jeans.

Today's prompt was interesting.  Two men meet in a stairwell and one of them has to move aside to let the other pass but neither will move.  What happens next?  I pictured a couple of rams squaring off, talking trash, and flexing at each other, when a woman comes down the stairs, shames them both into moving aside for her.  For all I know the men are still there glowering and snorting.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Does that mean we might get to visit "Better Than Mom's" again? I hope so. Those little green hyacinths are sprouting and so is your writing mojo. Good things happening!!