Wednesday, March 17, 2021

Snow Showers

We had more snow today but not stick-around snow, just annoying wet, sleety snow.  Ugh.  It stayed just around freezing so it was snow that stuck to the grass for a few minutes and then disappeared but it was damp and chilly and yukky.  I stayed inside and worked on writing.



This squirrel spent time leaping up to the suet cakes, knocking down a small chunk, and then dropping to the ground to find it and gobble it up.  It did it over and over and over.


I came to realize after a single round of knitting the sock on a circular needle that it wasn't the way to go for me.  There was too much thinking involved and counting because one end of the stitches on one side was one round and the other end of the stitches on the other end was a different round.  Plus it's hard to knit a triangle when it's shaped like a circle.  Like I said, too much thinking, so I knitted the stitches back onto DPNs so I know where I'm at.  Maybe I'll switch back to the circ when I get to the foot, maybe I'll stick with the DPNs, I just don't know.  Time will tell.



I worked on the cast sock too and realized that there is the same number of stitches on the cast sock and the sock sock, 48.  One is on size 8 needles and the other is on size 3 needles.  Big difference.  Of course, the cast sock yarn is worsted or aran weight and the sock sock yarn is sport weight, much thinner, which also makes a big difference.


I happened to glance out the window when I was closing the drapes to see the western
horizon this vivid red.  Beautiful.


Today's toss was some baggy leggings.  I wore a pair yesterday and they looked awful, like wrinkly elephant skin, so I decided to donate them.  I'm not going to fit into them again.  Cross my heart.

The prompt today said that you could be invisible for an hour a day.  What would you do?  I said I'd go look at my kids and grandkids as they went about their daily lives.  I miss them.

I got a very interesting phone call this morning.  Seems they reevaluated some class sizes at The Clearing and they called to say that I was in the Women's Writing Retreat.  Hooray!  Now everybody has to be really good with mask wearing, social distancing, and vaccine getting so the classes run and I get to go the last week in September.  This will be my roommate's and my 20th year going to The Clearing.  We need to go.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

That picture of the sunset looks like a wildfire. Glad you got to see it -- and that we got to see it too! Happy news from The Clearing. Something positive to look forward to.