Saturday, March 13, 2021

All Sorts of Sprouts

It was a gorgeous day so I went out and worked in the front yard cleaning up last year's plants.  When I trimmed away the old leaves and stems of the day lily I found that the new leaves are sprouting.



 

Same thing when I trimmed back the dead mums.  There under the leaves and dead flower heads are the beginnings of this years plants.


The hyacinths are going great guns.  I can see the purple color of the buds nestled down in the leaves.  There are tulips and daffodils poking out too.



 

I have to show the crocuses again.  They're so cheerful with their bright yellow flowers I can't resist taking their picture whenever I take the camera out.


 

House Finches were the only birds to come to the feeders today.  I tipped out some cracked corn from the round feeder and the mangiest squirrel came to eat.  He looked like he has a skin condition.  Yuk.


Today's toss was a trio of turtlenecks that didn't get worn over the winter.  I tried one on with my sweater today and it just wasn't right so all three got the boot.

The prompt today asked what you'd hope to find in an attic.  I said a million bucks or pirate gold.  Actually I'd like to find letters and journals that provide a look into someone's life or a trunk of beautiful old clothes.

I spent a lot of the afternoon working on the next art assignment.  I picked it and it requires drawing.  I can't draw very well so I get frustrated easily.  Why did I pick it?  I do not know, but I'll keep practicing until I'm happy with it.

--Barbara


1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Your headline today could be "Spring Comes to Barbara Sue". All that green and yellow and the peek of purple just shout it. All things come to those who wait. And you've waited long enough.