Sunday, March 28, 2021

Feathers & Fur

The birds and squirrels were back today or maybe I was just watching for them.  When I woke up it was snowing (eek!) but it didn't last long.  Most of the day was partly sunny but windy.  I stayed indoors.

There was a pair of Downy Woodpeckers at the suet cakes today.  I only got a picture of the
male but, trust me, the female was there too for part of the time.  I think that's the first time I've seen a pair of them, usually it's one or the other, not both together.  Pretty cool.

 


This squirrel was falling off the feeder and made a last minute grab to save itself from hitting the ground.  I was impressed.

 

 

The Christmas/Easter cactus flower is done.  I noticed it had fallen off overnight.  It sure didn't last long, did it?  About three or four days, less than a week for sure.

 


I finished the Fire Sock toe this afternoon.  Every time I knit a sock I say that I'm going to stop decreasing the toe sooner so that it isn't pointy and every time I forget.  Oh well, that part is in my shoe.  Besides the sock fits just fine.

 

 

Today's toss was an old microwave cookbook.  I'm winnowing down my cookbook collection to the ones that I actually use.  It's a process.

The prompt today said that you hate your best friend's new love.  Do you pretend to like them or come clean?  Oh, that's a hard one.  I don't like hurting people's feelings but I'm also terrible at hiding my feelings.  I'd try to like them at first, hoping to be wrong about them, and then risk the truth if I can't avoid it.  What a question.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

That sock is quite impressive -- pointy toe and all. Glad the snow was just a flurry and didn't stick around. Time for winter to leave for good!