Sunday, March 14, 2021

Sunday Sock-ing

It got a lot colder today, twenty degrees colder, and windy.  It was still sunny but back to late winter and it's supposed to snow tomorrow night.  I knew it was going to snow again soon since it was so nice the last week or so.


This squirrel made a quick visit to the birdbath for a drink but skipped the suet feeder.  Probably because the pellets are gone but I've been surprised that none of the squirrels have been at the suet cakes lately.  Maybe I'll fill the peanuts, the cob corn, and the pellets tomorrow just for some more activity out there.



After I took a walk and worked on some writing prompts, I settled down to knit on the sock.  Knitting with the metal circular needles on Friday night made my hands hurt so I switched to the bamboo DPNs which feel better but all those needles felt like too much.  I looked into ordering a wood circular the right size online but I'd have had to pay $6 shipping for a $7.50 needle.  Not worth it.  So I knitted a few more rounds then I decided to check downstairs to see if I had a bamboo or wood circular needle in the size I needed.  I did!  I had the exact needle that I saw online in my very own basket.  Hooray!  It's amazing how much easier on my hands the wood is over metal.


Today's toss was a too big knit shirt.  The last time I wore it I made up my mind that it was going to go into the donation pile.  Today was the day.

The prompt today asked for a list of the people you respect.  Not a hard list to make.

I forgot to set the clocks before I went to bed last night so I woke up at 8 o'clock this morning only to discover that it was really 9 o'clock.  I'm glad I took a nice walk so that I'll be tired when bedtime comes since it'll be an hour early according to my biological clock.  I'm glad I'm retired.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

I'm glad we're both retired too. Switching the clocks is always confusing for these old bones of mine. Snow today has GOT to be Winter's last blast. I insist upon it!!!