Monday, March 8, 2021

The Birds Came Back

I was excited to see House Finches on the platform feeder this morning.  I don't know who spread the word but there were three pairs of them taking turns on the feeder and on the ground under it.  A pair of Sparrow took baths in the birdbath but were too fast for me to get a picture.  A couple Chickadees flew in to check out the cracked corn feeder too.



Then a Cardinal visited the feeder.  I had to wait for it to get into the sunshine so you can see that it's one of those bright red birds.  I took another shot of it before it got into the sun and it looked completely different, dull and reddish gray.


It was a glorious day today, sunny and nearly 60 degrees, so I could take a walk with just a vest and some fingerless mitts, and the vest was too much by the end of the mile.  When I got home I was looking out the patio door, wishing that the glacier on the patio would melt faster, so I got a spade and went out to try to lever the ice up.  It was warm enough that I could clear a path from the door to the birdbath.  That made me very happy because I'm nervous walking over the ice to fill the feeders, etc.


I spent an hour this afternoon working on another scene for Better Than Mom's.  I'm thrilled that I'm able to crank out some writing after so many months of no luck at all.



After supper of Salisbury Steak, rice, and carrots (yum!) I sat down and finished the March Cast Sock #3.  I didn't start another project because I watched a movie.  My friend Lala recommended Moonrise Kingdom and it was free (with ads) on Amazon Prime so I watched.  It was a sweet, wacky, funny movie about two twelve-year-olds that run away to get married.  I know it doesn't sound like a good movie but it was very entertaining.


Today's toss was a tote bag made from a grain bag.  It's something I bought at the Farmer's Market years ago and haven't used.  It isn't the right size or shape or something.

The prompt today talked about cloning.  How you feel about it and would you like to be cloned.  My answer is a resounding no.  I think one of me is more than enough.  I figure a clone would have the same issues I have.  Now, a cyborg is a different story.  I could program a cyborg to do all the things I don't like to do, like vacuum and weed, so I have more time for things that I like to do, like read and write.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Sixty degrees!! Must have felt like summer. Glad you're getting more birds. I actually spotted a blue jay in our yard one day last week and then a red-headed woodpecker came to the frangipani. Not exactly tropical birds but I was thrilled to see them. Off to Bradenton today for my first Covid vaccine. Have to drive two hours up there but at least I have an appointment. Paul gets his Thursday and he only has to drive one hour for his. Nothing available in the many Publix Pharmacies in our county. Maddening but we going for it!!!