Sunday, March 7, 2021

Frosty Morning

It's maple syrup season which means that it's below freezing at night and warm, into the 40s, in the daytime so that the sap rises.  I wasn't sure that it was getting cold enough at night but this morning I saw that the eye doctor's roof was frosty when I got up.  Yep, cold enough.



This squirrel finished off the suet pellets.  It hung there nibbling away until there was nothing left to nibble.  I also discovered why the House Finches have stopped visiting--there weren't any seeds left in the feeder.  I filled the feeder so now I wait until one bird comes to investigate.



I went over to the dive shop this afternoon to get a new battery for the spare garage door opener so I could give it back to the renters.  I want someone to have a way to let me in if I forget my key again.  When I put the opener in their mailbox I saw that the daffodils are sprouting on their side so I checked and mine are sprouting too.  See?  I planted these bulbs 42 years ago the first autumn after we built the duplex and they're still going strong.  But I see I need to get some more mulch.



 

This evening I knitted almost all of the rest of the rounds on March Cast Sock #3.  There're about four more rounds to go but my hands got tired.  I'll finish it tomorrow.


Today's toss was a birdcage with fake ivy stuffed in it.  It used to hang in the living room but it's time has passed.

The prompt today asked you to rewrite the ending of your favorite novel.  That was weird.  I ended up breaking up a good marriage and having another couple move in together.  It felt very odd to make characters I like do things against type.  Good thing it's only pretend.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

What a bounty of daffodils you're going to have. Spring is definitely on the way. Even if there's frost on the roof.