Wednesday, March 10, 2021

A Writing Day

I got my second vaccine shot this morning.  I'm so glad.  They said that in three weeks I'll be fully vaccinated so will be much safer.  And I have no side effects from the second shot.  Whew.  I was a little worried.


It was a rainy day, warm but wet.  The birds stayed away in the morning and a few stopped in the afternoon.  A pair of squirrels cavorted around on the ground and chased each other over the cans where I keep the birdseed, but nothing held still long enough to have its picture taken.



This pile of snow has shrunk by more than half over the last week.  All of the compacted snow and ice has melted off the patio too.  I have loved the warm weather but I'm afraid we're going to get slammed with cold and snow before the real spring arrives.


We had Knitting Guild social knitting this evening.  I started another cast sock so I'd have something non-taxing to knit while visiting with friends.  I still ended up screwing up a little and had to back up a couple inches to get back on track.  It's very frustrating when I have trouble sticking with the (knit2, purl2) of the simplest pattern.


Since it was rainy today I focused on writing.  I made up another scene for Better Than Mom's, I'm not crazy about it but it's something, and did a couple art prompts.

Today's toss was another pottery bowl.

The prompt today asked you to write down the first five words that come to mind for Love, Hate, Resentment, and Sadness.  Five is a lot.  I stuck with feelings and colors the words brought to mind.  This is the goofiest prompt book I've ever seen.  Every day it makes me crazy, but I'm determined to stick with it.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

That is one big pile of snow -- and you said it was even bigger. Winter in GB!!! Happy you've had that second shot. You'll be invincible pretty soon. Love the colors in that latest sock.