Monday, October 31, 2022

Tap Tap Tap

 I managed to eke out some writing today. I had almost convinced myself that I was done with Better Than Mom's, that there was nothing new to write, then I just started typing and typed myself into a new character who comes into the diner. Hooray! You can see in this picture that the first two-thirds of the page are crossed out, that's where I was just rambling and trying to figure out what I was going to do with this new character. So I just had him show up and start talking and, voila!, five pages later I was at a stopping point. Man, that felt good.



Today's daily art page said to fill the glasses that were printed on the page. I pulled out my brush pens and got to work. It was kind of fun.


In Sketching I turned the page to find that he was still exploring fears. I didn't feel like exploring more of my fears (of which there are many) so I drew the airplane (which I am not afraid of) from the page and the group of what he called blob people. They look like fingers to me. Maybe if I gave them hair...



I knitted on the Get Off My Lawn! sock this evening and got to within half an inch of the toe decreases before I packed it in for the night. Guess I'll have to cast on something new for knitting on Thursday and Friday nights. I feel like there's another big yarn/big needles cap in my future.


This morning I went out with my garden snips and cut down all of the remaining weeds, potted plants, and perennials from the backyard and got them to the curb. The best part of doing that was having to step on the mint to cut down some weeds and it smelled great. The aroma stuck to my shoes so I smelled minty fresh for a little while today.

Tomorrow NaNoWriMo starts and with today's success I'm feeling much better about my prospects for having good luck getting the story started. Whew.

--Barbara

No comments: