Wednesday, October 26, 2022

The Sun Came Out

I looked out the window after staring at a blank screen in Word this morning to see that the sun had come out of the clouds. Hallelujah! I didn't feel all better but I felt less blah with the sun shining. And I did manage to write a couple pages this afternoon. Nothing very impressive or earth shaking but at least I got some words down on "paper."

These are the third color of mums in front of the house. I can't decide what to call them. Brick? Bronze? They aren't as glow-y as the gold ones, nor as vibrant as the purple ones, but they're pretty just the same.

 


The next bird in Draw Like an Artist was a Wood Duck. Another bird with a lot of complicated feathers. I did my best.

 

I had better luck and more fun drawing the next page of animals in Drawing Cute. They're a red panda and a sloth. I especially like the way the sloth turned out. I didn't have the right colored pencil for the panda; that was frustrating, so I layered colors and think it turned out okay but it still should have been more red-orange.

 

Instead of tossing something today I took the tosses to Goodwill. I also went over to Zambaldi Beer to drop off the movie screen that DIL1 needs for an event tomorrow but DS was busy cleaning one of the big tanks so I didn't stay long and didn't take any pictures. Then I went to Michaels where I picked out more brush pens than I meant to--but I had a coupon! After that I went to Meijer for a few things and when I got home my Land's End order had arrived and, much to my surprise, everything fit. Hooray! I miss being able to try things on before I buy them. Meijer took out their changing rooms so I guess they won't be going back to the old way. It's such a pain to have to buy a couple sizes, take them home, try them on, and return the ones that don't fit. Stupid COVID.

--Barbara

No comments: