Thursday, October 6, 2022

Hat or Cap

 I finished the Autumn Desert cap this evening and I like the way it looks. The odd thing is that in real life the yarns that I alternated kind of blend together but in the picture you can see the dark and light. I'm going to try not to cast on another of these caps right away. I've made four of them in a row and think it's time to move on.



This looks like the same picture of writing that I blogged last night but it's a completely different manuscript. Today I pulled up Better Than Mom's and wrote another scene which puts me closer to having it finished. I've got about 65k words and hope to get up to 80k before typing The End. What I wrote today totaled up to about 1,500 words so that's only a tenth of what I think I need. I sure hope I can think of that much more story.


Today's lesson in You Can Draw It In 30 Seconds! was Pegs. I worked my way through the skill levels but played a little fast and loose with the drawings. I confess that I didn't draw every one of the nine skill levels but I did seven of them (the rest are on another page) so I'm counting them.



Then I talked to Aunt B this morning (she's doing okay in post-Ian Florida) and she asked about painting which made me feel like I should drag out a postcard and the paints and make a painting. I searched the photo gallery on my phone and found a picture of LC posing in a long ruffled skirt the last time we were at the museum so I painted my interpretation of that. I think it turned out okay.


When I came back from my walk this afternoon I was surprised that the tree in the front of the rental half and the one in the neighbors' yard have suddenly burst into red. The sun shone every once in a while which really lit up the leaf colors but, of course, it wasn't shining when I went out to take a picture.


Oh! I looked out the patio door when my supper was heating in the microwave and I think I saw Dark-eyed Juncos pecking around in the grass. Eek! Those little birds are harbingers of winter and it's barely autumn. It feels way too soon for them to show up. Go away and come back later, little birdies!



This morning I went down to the Library hoping to find a few books to sort for the Book Sale but when I opened the door and turned on the lights, here's what I found. A long row of empty tables. So once again I've paid $1 to park for 10 minutes. I don't know if there are fewer donations these days or if Thursday is the wrong day to go down there. I'll keep to my schedule and hope for better days.

--Barbara

No comments: