Monday, October 10, 2022

Squirrel!

There was this squirrel up on the crooks this afternoon and it was really looking for something, I'm not sure what because it sniffed the suet pellets, slithered down the wire holding the tube feeder, put its front feet on top of the platform feeder, and climbed all over the suet cake feeder. It didn't stay long anyplace and it didn't find anything to eat, just jumped down to the ground and wandered off to do random squirrel stuff.



I was happy to see a House Finch back at the feeder today. I don't know where they've been all summer but I'm happy to see them back or at least one of them. Maybe they're here to give the Juncos a run for their money.


I was also happy to see the last lesson in You Can Draw It In 30 Seconds! today--Roots. I don't know what the point is but I will confess that I didn't draw all of the skill levels. I looked at them and just thought, nope.



So I pulled out Drawing Cute to find a bee and a butterfly to draw and color. Much better than the odd and boring Roots.


I got to spend a little time with small people this evening, read stories, and tuck them in. After that I sat and knitted on the Ara Cashmere Cap. The colors, even though there's a lot of blue, please me quite a bit. Maybe it's the black cashmere yarn that I'm carrying with the colorful thick and thin wool. I don't know if you can see it in the picture but there are random pops of yellow showing up and I really like them.


I delivered a bag of hats to LB this morning so that she can include them in the box to the Seamen's Church Institute for their Christmas at Sea program. That's where all the colorful caps I've been knitting lately are going. It makes me happy to think that someone will be warm because I made a hat.

--Barbara

No comments: