Sunday, October 30, 2022

A Day of Birds

 I spent most of the day chasing leaves across the lawn to the curb so I don't have much of a variety of pictures for today. First thing this morning this Downy Woodpecker showed up and landed on the suet cake feeder in just the right spot to have his picture taken.



Then the next figure in Draw Like an Artist was a Loon. I don't think that mine looks like a loon. I'm not sure what I could have done different but this is my best loony effort.


Imagine my surprise when the next thing in 10-Steps: Nature was a Gull. This looks kind of like a gull I think.



The daily art page said to fill the page with lines so that's what I started to do. I used colored pencils to follow the few lines already on the page. When I was through the colors from the pencil jug there was a lot of page left so I decided to make angled lines and then fill in the spaces with more lines.


In the afternoon I went to Home Depot for some new plastic edging stuff to keep the bath water from dribbling down under the flooring. When the flooring was replaced a few years ago the installer didn't take off the old edging stuff so it started peeling away and I finally got tired of it and ripped it off. That meant that I had to do something to cover up the gap. Hence the new edging I installed today. I didn't do a professional job, I did an adequate job. It looks better than it did before.

Like I said I spent most of the day chasing leaves. I blew them off the front half of the lawn to the curb and then blew the ones that had fallen into the street back to the curb so that the leaf guys will pick those up too. I used up two full batteries worth of leaf blower. Man, that's noisy but it's better than raking. I detest raking.

And that's it. I didn't write, I didn't knit. I did watch 2 episodes of The Great British Baking Show. I don't think I'm caught up though so don't tell me who wins.

--Barbara

No comments: