Saturday, October 1, 2022

Back In One Piece

Not that there was ever a question about whether I'd make it back but I got home from The Clearing at about 11AM today and by 12:30PM I had unloaded, unpacked, tossed the dirties down the laundry chute, got my computer set up again, and put my suitcase and milk crate away. Whew! It was a beautiful sunny day today, a day that we'd have given money to have early in the week when it was rainy and so chilly I went to the TC bookstore on Tuesday and bought myself two more warm, long-sleeved shirts so that I could maybe get warm. I was very glad to have my alpaca fingerless mitts to wear when I was writing Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. Thursday it started to warm up a bit, was even better on Friday, and today it was nearly 70 degrees. Oh well, I survived and got two new tops out of it. This is me on Sunday in the middle of the Labyrinth--before it started raining.



This was my writing spot for the week. I was glad that I took a little adjustable table with me so that I could plug my laptop in, adjust the height so that it was just right when I sat on my bed, and there was room between my bed and BAW's bed for me to leave it up all week.


For years there was a carved dragon's head sticking out of a tree on the path to the Workshop but last year someone stole it. I know! The nerve. This year someone carved a new dragon's head and added two little dragons and it's back in the tree on the path.



I took my knitting when we went back to the classroom to visit and play games at night after supper and over three nights I finished the Country Meadows Cap. I really like the way it turned out. Can't wait to cast on the next version. Maybe tomorrow.


When I got home there were two big, heavy cartons waiting for me and inside were my author's copies of The Seaview and Horizon. I promised my car guy and friend JR that I'd bring copies up for him to buy so I guess that's what I'll be doing on Monday. This is so exciting! I'm thinking that I might approach the library and maybe the local bookstores, if I get up the nerve.



I didn't draw a thing while I was gone so I was happy to get back to the sketchbook this afternoon. First I drew a Tern out of Draw Like An Artist...


...then I went to Hobby Lobby (which I try not to patronize but they have lots more drawing books than Michaels) and I found six of them (6!) for less than $5 each. I had to buy them. So I opened one of them and it's about learning to quickly sketch things which I'd like to learn so I drew these bowling pins.



This evening I got out my watercolors and made this painting of some red nasturtiums that were cascading over a wall near my cabin. They turned out okay. I might try them again and make more of the wall, if I can figure out how.


I guess that's everything. I'm sad to be away from my friends and the writing workshop but I'm glad to be home and back in my little nest. Can't have it both ways, I guess. 

Hope you and PR survived the hurricane, Aunt B. I'm thinking about you.

--Barbara

No comments: