Sunday, October 2, 2022

So I Filled the Birdfeeders

 And the peanut wreath and I didn't see one bird or squirrel to take a picture of. I did see the peanut wreath swinging back and forth so I assume that a squirrel had just dropped off of it but I didn't see it so I can't prove it.

Dad's rose is blooming again. It seems to send out one blossom at a time. I guess it doesn't want to overwhelm me with an embarrassment of flowers. Or it doesn't want me picking the excess blooms to have inside where I can enjoy them but they don't last very long. Anyway, here's the latest.



The terracotta mums are all blossomed out too. I'm very tempted to snip off a handful to put in a vase but that would make the mound of them look odd so I'm leaving those out there to enjoy in the wild too.


The next lesson in the 30 Seconds book is Arches. I didn't have too much trouble drawing them today but never managed to draw them under the time limit in the book. I guess that I don't sketch, I draw, so that means I'm deliberate, not daring. At least I managed to get them all drawn today. I confess that I put the book at the back of the pile even though there are two more figures to draw in the skills level portion of the lesson. For some reason this book isn't doing it for me this time through. Maybe I'll get out some of my new drawing books to see if one of them is inspiring.



Speaking of my new drawing books, here they are. There are six of them and you can see that each one has a bright orange sticker on it. Some of them were originally $19.95, others were $14.95 but I bought them for $4.95 and $3.95. See why I had to bring them all home?


I cast on another cap tonight. The two yarns I'm using are Autumn Trails and Desert Spring so I think I'm calling this one Autumn Desert since Autumn Spring sounds very wrong. Who cares what I call it, I knitted the ribbing in the Autumn yarn and now I've added a few rounds of the Desert yarn. I'll switch back to the browner yarn for the next few rounds and switch back and forth to make a striped hat. Juggling dangling yarn is a bit of a pain but it'll look good when I'm done.

Being a good Green Bay-ite I checked the Packers score and discovered that they won in overtime. Good job! I don't watch the games but I like it when they win. Does that make any sense? And I didn't get outside in time for the flyover--again.

I talked to Aunt B this morning. She said that their house flooded during Hurricane Ian and their cars are destroyed. Her son came and got them and they've got temporary housing for a few months until they get their place figured out. I'm just glad that they're physically all right. That was a happy phone call.

Today I had two requests for a Seaview sequel, not something I ever thought of. So I sat down and did a little brainstorming on the laptop. I can't say that I had any brilliant ideas but at least I'm thinking about it.

--Barbara

No comments: