Monday, October 24, 2022

I Got Brave

This morning I called the Book Stop which is the neighborhood book store a few blocks from home and I made arrangements to stop in after lunch to talk to the owner about putting my books on consignment there. So I did it. I took four copies of each title and gave her the price and my contact information and we're all set. I stopped in 10 days ago and she gave me her new Author Consignment Policy sheet, I studied it and agreed to her conditions, and it turns out that I'm the first author under the new policy. Now I just need people to go in and buy them. Simple.

 


All of the mums are blooming like crazy. Today we've got the gold ones that just glow even when the sun isn't shining.

 

The next bird in Draw Like an Artist was a Pheasant. I had a hard time making the head of the bird not look messy and I don't think I succeeded but the body isn't bad. Also the head is too small.

 


Next in 10-Steps: Everyday Things was a Laptop. I am confident that I didn't make the right number of keys on the keyboard but no one's going to count them, right?


After supper tonight I watched Antiques Roadshow and cast on and knit the ribbing of Ara Cashmere Cap 3. I like the bright green and orange of this yarn with the black cashmere, not as much as I liked the black and white, but they can't all be favorites.


I went on the website of the Wisconsin Writers Association and found that there's a writing guild in Green Bay so I called the number on the listing, talked to a nice man, and I'm planning to go to the meeting on November 1 at the Bay Family Restaurant which is just a couple blocks from my house. It'd be great to find a writing group again.

I was strong and didn't pick up Ham and Honey 7 to try to cut those last 51 words. I'm staying to my intention of letting it sit for a couple days before I go in again. Maybe that'll help. Instead I reread parts of Better Than Mom's to see if I've got a little piece of it that I can maybe read at the writer's guild meeting next week. I thought I'd take some writing along just in case. I'll take copies of my books too.

Oh, the bad news of the day is that I seem to have lost the little purse where I kept the book money. I have an envelope of profits but the bills that I had for giving change are gone. I don't know if someone took it out of my purse on Saturday or I pulled it out of my purse by accident or what happened but it's gone. I'm just heartsick. I went to all the places I was today and called the only store I was in on Saturday but no one turned in anything. There was no ID in it so I'm sure someone just considered it a windfall. *sigh* Bugger.



Here's one more picture of autumn leaves. Pretty soon all the colored leaves will be just a memory.

--Barbara

No comments: