Friday, October 7, 2022

Frosty

When I put the shade up this morning I looked at this house across the street and its roof was covered with frost. Frost! I am not psychologically ready for it to be that cold.



I tapped the weather app on my phone as I walked from the bedroom to the kitchen and it wasn't freezing but it was nearly there. I had on a tee shirt, a cotton sweater, a windbreaker, and wool fingerless mitts (thanks, CS!) when I took my walk this afternoon because it had only warmed up 10 degrees throughout the day. It was sunny, I liked that. It was chilly and breezy, I wasn't such a fan.


The cat spent some time resting on top of the retaining wall this afternoon. When the shade came over and covered it the cat wandered off. Maybe that cat is why I don't seem to have any chipmunks eating birdseed anymore.



I pulled out my new Sketching book and tried my hand at extemporaneous sketching. I like my little scuba diver and I'm pretty happy with the rest of the page too.


Then I turned to the next page of 10-Steps: Everyday Things. It's a stapler and two pens. What can I say? I draw what it tells me to.



Tonight at Friday Night Knitting I knitted the rest of the Get Off My Lawn! Sock cuff and started down the leg but it's such a radical change to go from size 11 needles and super bulky yarn to size 3 needles and fingering weight yarn that I had a hard time getting my fingers to work. 


So I pulled out the Guacamole Washcloth with its size 5 needles and worsted weight yarn which felt better and went a little faster.



This morning I went down to Zambaldi Beer to visit with DS and he was making Meatball Man Amber. Here he's getting ready to transfer the beer from the kettle to the fermenter.


I stopped at The School House store on my way to the brewery and found some goodies for LC and OJ that I can give to them right away, and something for each of them that I put in the Christmas pile. LC is interested in learning cursive which they don't teach in school anymore and OJ loves to draw so I found a doodling book for him and a cursive workbook for her.

For the third day in a row I neglected to find something to toss but I did manage to haul myself out for a quick walk around the block. I don't go far but I figure it's better than nothing. I'll extend when I'm not so winded.

--Barbara

No comments: