Friday, October 28, 2022

The Last Lily of the Season

 I hurried out to take this picture of the last Stella d'Oro lily of the season this morning...



... because the landscapers were here around 8:45am to do the fall cleanup which means that they cut down and remove all of the leaves and plants on top of the retaining wall. Bye bye, lilies, sedum, and Black-eyed Susans!


I did some landscaping cleanup today too. I used the leaf blower to gather up some of the carpet of leaves on the side of the house and hauled them down to the curb. The battery of the leaf blower only lasts for about 30 minutes so I blow leaves until it runs down, then rake them onto the tarp, and haul them to the curb. Each blowing gathers about two tarp-loads of leaves. I should finish the task tomorrow. I've got the battery charging now. I detest leaf raking.

 


Then I filled the birdfeeders and the peanut wreath. The peanuts are getting kind of moldy but that doesn't seem to deter the squirrels one little bit.


The next bird in Draw Like an Artist was a Canada Goose. I don't think I made the body of the goose round enough. It needs a bigger belly but it's pretty good. I'm not very good with bird feet either.



But I did a better job with the next figure in 10-Steps: Everyday Things. It's a sundress and a hat. Not hard to draw but I like that I made the dress look like it's a print.


Tonight at Friday Night Knitting I finished the sock gusset and started down the foot. Three hours is a long time to knit at one sitting. My fingers get tired so I put the little sock down and picked up the big cap but that wasn't a whole lot easier. Good thing that time was up about then.


Today's toss was four little knitted owl puffs and their knitted nest. The grandkids have outgrown them.

I managed to eke out a few hundred words today. I'm kind of in a word slump. I'm trying to add more scenes to Better Than Mom's but I don't want to write too much stuff that isn't in the diner. I'm kind of out of ideas. Maybe somebody new can come in to interact with the denizens of the place.

--Barbara

No comments: