Tuesday, October 11, 2022

2,052 Words!

I had a couple doctor's appointments today (no big deal, just fasting labs in the morning and then a physical in the afternoon) so around them I sat myself down at the laptop and wrote. I came up with an unforeseen scene for Better Than Mom's which takes me up over 70k words so I'm only 10k from my goal of 80k. Whew. I hadn't made any big trouble for my characters in a while so that's what I did. I invented a big blizzard and a car crash. Exciting! Now I have to write the aftermath and recovery. That should be good for a few thousand words, shouldn't it?



Today's drawing was from the new Sketching book. I copied the little drawings on the page and added the syringe in honor of the flu shot I got this afternoon. I like the style of these drawings. Maybe I'm learning something new.


It got up to 77 degrees today and was sunny but also windy. So windy that some of the red leaves from the front yard made it around to land on the patio. One even stuck to my (red) shoe and came in with me after I took the trash to the curb. The prediction is that today is the last 70 degree day of 2022. *sigh*



This evening I knitted a few rounds on the Get Off My Lawn! sock. I am certain that this "heavy fingering" weight yarn is smaller than the "heavy fingering" weight yarn of the red and white sock I knitted in August. I ordered this yarn because I liked the weight of that yarn and hoped that it would be the same. Nope. Oh well, good thing I like to knit but this skinny yarn sure makes for some slow going.


I toss some aged 7-Up I found on the pantry shelves in the basement. Mostly I wrote and wrote and wrote today. The good news is that I don't seem to be having any side effects from my flu shot. I probably shouldn't have said anything but what the heck. It's been six hours and so far nothing.

--Barbara

No comments: