Wednesday, October 12, 2022

If You Fill Them, They Will Come

So for the last few days there really haven't been any birds or squirrels at the feeders because they were empty. I went out this morning and filled the peanut wreath and the tube feeder and, wow, birds came. First was a Hairy Woodpecker on the suet pellets that didn't stay long enough for a picture.

But the little Nuthatch worked its way around to the side facing me so that I could snap one.



Then a pair of Bluejays found the peanuts and gave the squirrels a run for their money. The squirrel would nab a nut and scamper off, then the Bluejays would take turns getting a nut and flying off, followed by another squirrel. They went around and around like that until there were no peanuts left.


Even the Sparrows mobbed the tube feeder.



And a Downy Woodpecker landed on the edge of the birdbath for a drink. I was happy to see so many different birds today.


I took a picture of the street in front of the house because it rained last night and it was windy and a lot of red leaves blew off the trees and pasted themselves to the street. Shortly after I took this picture the street sweeper truck came by again and again vacuuming up all of the leaves. I can't imagine that they're going to suck up all of the street leaves in the city. I was sorry to see the pretty leaves go.



Today's figure in the 3-D book was Royal Ribbons. It was okay to draw but I made it too small for the page so I sketched a few random things around it. I'm getting less enthralled with the things in the 3-D book. They're too complicated and just plain weird. I'm glad I'm in the "R"s. Only a few more letters to go.


I realized this morning that I could sit and sign all of the books that I have on hand because people like a signed book and getting them all done ahead of time makes it easier on me. All done. I'm kind of sorry I put the Angermeier in there because I have to concentrate when I sign but I wanted people who knew me when I was in school to recognize the name. Ego.

This afternoon it was sunny for about an hour so I managed to drag myself around the block for a walk. Yesterday it got up to 77 degrees, today it was 54 degrees. It started out at 63 this morning when I got up and cooled off throughout the day. The weather guy said that it's supposed to be barely in the 50s for the rest of the week and weekend. Jacket and sweater weather.

I wrote a couple times today, totaling up just over 1,000 words. I'm inching every closer to my goal. I was wrong yesterday. My 2,000 words didn't take me to 70k, but today's words did. NOW I have 10k to go.

--Barbara

No comments: