Tuesday, November 1, 2022

Well, Rats

I went to the Green Bay Writer's Guild meeting tonight with high hopes. First of all, it's not a critique group so that was a disappointment and second, there was light smoke coming out of the vent in the room so we had to move to a different part of the restaurant and then before we could sit down they evacuated the place. I'll go back next month and maybe I'll find people that I can organize a critique group with or maybe find one I can join. Darn it.

In other writing news, today is the first day of NaNoWriMo 2022 (National Novel Writing Month) so I sat myself down here at the laptop to write. It was slow going at first when I was thinking too much instead of just writing but I got into the groove in the second hour and wrote 1742 words, more than a day's quota so I'm off to a good start.



There were a whole lot of Mourning Doves and Sparrows pecking at the seed below the tube feeder and I don't know what happened but they all suddenly flew away. All except this one. This one sort of looked around as if it couldn't figure out where everyone had gone, sat still for a little while, and then continued pecking away.


I noticed a bird on the suet pellets about the same time and it was the Nuthatch enjoying a suet snack.



Before I drew something new today I decided to put hair on the blob people that I drew yesterday. I think they look better, slightly more human.


Then I copied the elephant and mouse and cluster of flowers from the book. I'm not good at original drawings but I'm a heck of a copyist.


And that was my day. It was sunny and warm but I sat here writing most of the day. I did change the sheets and put out fresh towels so I accomplished something useful for the day. Oh, and I took a shower. You're welcome.

--Barbara

No comments: