Friday, November 18, 2022

And Windy

It stayed cold today, started out at 27 and that was the high for the day, it only got colder from there (it's 19 now). And it was windy. I went over to Fleet Farm to get ice melt salt which was the wrong day to go since today was Orange Friday, the day that all the deer hunters were out getting their beef jerky and their last minute things to take to deer camp. Tomorrow gun dear season starts; it's a big thing around here. I got my four twenty-pound bags of salt into the cart, into the car, and into the bin at home. I have a slanted driveway, I use a lot of salt in winter. It's still windy. I can hear it roaring out there. Brrr.


In writing today I sent Rose to the grocery to stock up for the stormy days. I meant for it to be difficult to find things and hard to get what she wanted but I don't think that I made it messy enough. I got down 1708 words, some of them I'm happy with. I thought for sure that I would run out of ideas before I got enough words written but I managed to eke out just a few more than the minimum. Whew.



Today's daily art page was a fun one. It said to draw what was growing underground so I drew a carrot and a turnip, then some roots and an ant trail. I like it.

The next bird in Draw Like an Artist was a Cockatoo. It went pretty well and I think I'm getting better at bird feet.



Oh, speaking of bird feet, I opened the drapes over the patio door to see fresh snow covered with bird tracks. I hope you can see it because it was quite pretty, those little delicate footprints in the snow. There were squirrel prints and rabbit prints too but the bird feet are the ones that enchanted me.

I knitted on the Rainbow Sophie Scarf tonight at Friday Night Knitting and I'm within three rows of time to start decreasing. I got smart and put my ball of yarn into one of my yarn bowls so it stays put when I pull out more yarn. It takes me a while but I eventually get smart.


I felt like I was chasing time today trying to get everything done that I wanted to do. It's a good thing that I don't have to work or I'd never get things done. How did I manage when I worked three days a week?

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

Love the drawing of what's beneath the ground. Soooo cold up there. But it sounds like you're ready for it 😏. Good girl!!