Monday, November 14, 2022

Done!

Today I finished the last recipe of this bout of Investment Cooking. It was Easy Sheet Pan Sausage & Veggies made with chicken Italian sausage, broccoli, mini bell peppers, broccoli crowns, and a red onion. You make a spice and herb paste that you toss it all with and then spread it on a baking sheet and roast the whole shebang. More good smells and ease of rice serving. I am so glad that I figured out that the green-handled scoop is 1/3 cup.



The Cardinal came to the platform feeder today for the first time in weeks. Well, he may have been here but I haven't seen him. And luckily there was a bit of sunshine for him to stand in so he really glowed.


There were a few peanuts left in the wreath this morning so there was a pair of squirrels taking turns leaping up to the birdbath, then onto the top of the suet cake feeder, then onto the crook to lean over to nab a peanut. This one balanced on the crook for just long enough for me to take its picture.



I had an assistant for a while this afternoon and we started figuring out the cast of characters for the comic book she wants to make. We figured out the characters and the monsters they'd have to face. We didn't get to the story but we've laid the groundwork.


My little Pacific Sunset maple tree is gamely holding onto some of its leaves.
There are fewer of them left but there's still a few leaves out there fluttering in the cold wind.



The Christmas cactus buds are still hanging on and a couple of them seem to be getting bigger. I have high hopes that more than one of them will bloom.


In NaNoWriMo today I managed to start the rain and got 1719 words nailed down. I need to consult with my hurricane expert to make sure that I'm telling the story correctly.

Today's toss was a couple pairs of socks that I never wore over the last year. Why keep them if I don't wear them?

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

Those roasted veggies look so good. If only Paul would give them a chance.