Tuesday, November 22, 2022

Nuts

I filled the feeders today and the squirrels were quick to find the peanuts that I threw on the grass and I saw one Bluejay too but it was gone too quickly for a picture. I love watching the squirrels figure out how to nab a peanut out of the wreath. They're so acrobatic.



Writing was a challenge today. I spent most of the day trying to wring out my daily word count and made it just before 3 o'clock this afternoon. This story is eluding me so far. I have a lot of words in the binder but again this year I'm not sure that I have a plot, but I'll keep at it and something is bound to turn up. Eventually.


I went right to Seuss-isms when it was time to draw this afternoon and found this boy with two books on his head and a bird that laid an egg on the book. I sure enjoy copying the pictures in this book.



Then I turned a few pages in How to Draw People and found a page of faces to draw. I'm enjoying the simple lines that turn into people.


I got out the Betty Crocker's Bread cookbook to make sure that I had all of the ingredients that I need to make onion bread tomorrow. I didn't. What I thought was all-purpose flour turned out to be bread flour which I don't know if I could substitute and still achieve the same texture and I only had one envelope of yeast and need two, so it was off to the grocery this evening. In the dark. I don't go to the grocery at night but off I went. Now I have everything I need and won't have to get dressed before I mix up the dough.



I looked out to see the sunset and it wasn't much but I took its picture anyway.



This morning the tech from Van's Heating came to service the on-furnace humidifier I had installed last March. He fiddled around with it and decided that the main board needed replacing so he went to get the part and installed it. Didn't solve the problem. So then he thought that maybe it needs a new damper but the parts place didn't have it in stock, they have to order it, so when it's in he'll have to come back. I'm lucky that it is still under warranty so I only have to pay for the service call. Good thing I kept my old stand-alone humidifier too because I couldn't figure out what to do with it. I filled up the bottles and have had it running since Saturday.

Once he was gone I drove over to Paul's Pantry with the donations that DS and DIL1 collected last Saturday at their 1st annual Chili Cook-off at the brewery. They asked for food or small cash donations from people who showed up without chili to enter and I volunteered to deliver it so they didn't have to figure out a time to do it. They're so busy I can't imagine when they would find the time.

--Barbara

No comments: