Sunday, November 13, 2022

Eureka!

I got a brilliant idea this morning when I was portioning out the rice. I measured the capacity of my largest scoop and it measures 1/3 cup, exactly the amount of rice I put in each serving. What a discovery! It made it so much easier to put the rice into the small containers. I dropped a whole lot less.



The first recipe I made today was BBQ Mini Turkey Meatloaves. I left off the little squirt of barbecue sauce on the top that just gets stuck on the lid so I'll add that when I reheat to eat. Instead of making the recipe that makes six and having 3/4 lb. of ground turkey left I make all the ground turkey and get nine little pucks of meatloaf. Yum!


Do you want to know how cold it was today? I took this picture of the icy birdbath at 11 o'clock and it hadn't thawed out yet. I went out a bit later, filled up the birdbath, and filled the feeders and the ice was still there. I don't think it thawed all day--and the birdbath heater is plugged in. It got all the way up to 34 today. I can't believe that Thursday it was 72 degrees.



Today's second recipe was Chickpea Curry. This is the easiest, quickest recipe that I make but it's very tasty.

 

The next bird in Draw Like an Artist was a Toucan. I think it turned out pretty fine. At least it's recognizable by the big bill.



I turned to the next page in Seuss-isms and found Hop on Pop. I probably should have colored it in but by then I was pretty tired.


I cranked out 1783 less-than-inspired words today. I like some of them but overall, meh.


Last evening I cast on and started knitting the ribbing of Big Wool Cap 3. I finished the ribbing this morning while watching CBS Sunday Morning and then added a stripe of the green roving yarn that I found in the leftover bin in the basement. It's a little thicker than the Big Wool but I think it'll be okay and I think I made the stripe wide enough so that I can finish the hat before I run out of the beige wool. Fingers crossed.


There was a home Packers game today so I went out to fill the birdfeeders right before noon so I'd be out there to take a picture of the flyover--that never came. Turns out kickoff wasn't until 3:25 when I had my hands in dishwater and barely saw it out the window. Oh well.

I have one more recipe to make and then this bout of Investment Cooking will be done. I figure that this will take me through Christmas. Maybe I can find some more new recipes to try by then.

Today I swapped my summer socks for my winter socks and I'm wearing two new handknit socks today. They're nice and warm. And they don't match.

--Barbara

No comments: