Monday, November 21, 2022

Above Freezing!

It got up to 37 degrees today. Hip-hip-hooray! It was still winter coat weather but not bitter cold. So much better. I was happy to see this little Downy Woodpecker on the suet pellets this morning when I was doing yoga so I stepped out of chair pose for a couple seconds to snap this photo.



The Christmas cactus has bloomed. One of the buds fell off this morning but I think that the second one in the picture might bloom too. I keeping hoping.


I went down to Edward Jones this morning to get my annual complimentary pumpkin pie from Cheryl and Jennie. When I got home I decided to have pumpkin pie for lunch and you can see what happened. I had a slice and then a little more and then a little more. Bad news for WW.



Then I stopped at Zambaldi to see what DS was brewing up. He had started early enough this morning that he was taking the grain out of the mash tun and putting it into big barrels that he gets from a pig farmer who feeds the grain to his hogs. It's a great use of the spent grains, saves DS from having to pay to dispose of them. That stuff is wet and heavy.


Once I survived my pie jag I came back here and got to writing. I managed to rewrite a scene that I'd kind of skimmed over last week and made it better (I think). 1698 words in just about 2 hours. Not a bad pace.



The next bird in Draw Like an Artist was a Cassowary. I'm not really clear on how this bird looks so I think that my drawing is an okay rendition. It looks a bit like the example. Except for the feet, these are more bad bird feet.


Then I turned a few pages in 10-Steps: Everyday Things to find rain boots. I made the first ones so small that I drew them again but decided not to color the second pair. 


Tomorrow the technician from Van's is supposed to come some time to take a look at the humidifier on the furnace. I noticed that it wasn't working and the "Service" light was on. I checked inside the cover and it said to push the "reset" button. I did that but the "Service" light came right back on. Annoying. And even more annoying I have a stand-by appointment which means that I don't even have a range of times when they will come. They'll call when they're on the way. So I have the alarm set for 7 o'clock and will try to get myself organized so that I can get all my morning things done and get dressed before they come. I am so not a morning person anymore.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

Hope the technician comes early so you won't have gotten up early in vain. Fingers crossed for your Christmas cactus.