Wednesday, November 2, 2022

A Red Bird

For the first time in a long time a Cardinal came to visit. He spent time on the ground pecking among the Sparrows and Juncos. I was happy to see him.



I went down to the Library this morning to sort books and there were a lot of people there already. We worked together and got the tables all cleared by 11 o'clock. Just before jumping on here I checked my email and at 3:30 I got one from the guy in charge of the sorters saying that 80 more boxes of books were donated today. EIGHTY!!!!! Holy Moses. The email said that it might be the last drop for the week. "Might" is a very scary word. The sale starts Monday. Eesh.


In one of the boxes I sorted I found a book of Seuss-isms that is a compilation of quotes out of many Dr. Seuss books and it's filled with lovely pictures that I can draw. So I brought it home and jumped right in. I tried my hand at drawing a YEP that lives on steps, that didn't turn out so well, but the Cat in the Hat turned out just fine. So much fun to draw.



When I got home from sorting books and for an hour after lunch I sat here tap, tap, tapping away and today's word quota was in the bag. I still don't have a clear picture of the first guest at The Seaview but at least I've got her talking so maybe I can figure out her character from that.


Once the writing and the drawing were accomplished I sat down and finished the last few rows of toe decreases on the Get Off My Lawn! sock. I thought taking its picture in the sunshine would show it off to its best advantage but I think I might have been wrong.


And that was my day. Didn't toss anything but I got to watch OJ at his swimming lessons and hear all about LC's adventure on a ropes course with the Girl Scouts. That sounded scary and exciting. LC is the youngest in her troop but she was one of only two girls who did the whole course. That girl's got guts. Takes after her mom.

--Barbara

No comments: