Sunday, November 6, 2022

One Little Birdie

I went out after lunch today and filled the birdfeeders. Lots of birds and squirrels showed up. I saw two Bluejays tussling over the peanuts that I flung on the grass but a squirrel chased them away before I got a picture. I did manage to catch the Nuthatch on the suet pellets.



What I wrote today was lame, boring and lame, but I managed 1835 words of boring and lame, and hope that a few of those words turn out to be less boring and not so lame once I get more of the story written. I got smart and pulled out a little notebook to keep track of the characters' names from the start so I don't have to wonder what someone's name is when I get further into the story. Thanks for the handy little notebook and pen, SND!


The next bird in Draw Like an Artist was a Swan. I had less trouble drawing it than I thought I would. I can't say that I erased less because for the life of me I couldn't get the beak right. I must have erased and redrew it six times but I was finally satisfied that it looked okay. I was just glad that the swan was swimming and not standing, being as I am notoriously bad at drawing bird feet.



Then because it was Sunday and because I wanted to I pulled out 10-Steps: Nature to see what was next. It was a crab! I was very nervous that I wouldn't be able to draw it but I took my time and followed the examples with minimal erasing and managed this. Not too shabby, if I do say so myself.


It didn't rain today but it was still rather chilly and quite windy so I stayed indoors and wrote and drew. The guy across the street put up his Christmas lights and lit them. He could have waited to turn them on until after Thanksgiving. I probably should have washed dishes but instead I made a shopping list for the next bout of Investment Cooking. I'll do the shopping on Wednesday and probably start on Thursday. This time I picked out nine recipes and hope I'll have enough containers for it all. I'll manage. I knitted a couple more rows on the Simple Alpaca Shawl. Just four more rows, then the bind off, weaving in the tails, and blocking and it's done. Hooray!

I woke up this morning at 8:30 and realized that I forgot to set the clocks back last night before I went to bed so I did it this morning, turning 8:30 into 7:30 in the push of a button. Courtesy of that little time change it started getting dark at 4:00PM and it won't get any better until after December 21. The long dark night of winter has arrived.

--Barbara

2 comments:

Aunt Barb said...

Still trying to comment but my Google account changed and I'm all bolixed up with new passwords or something. In fact, everything is bolixed up right now.

Aunt Barb said...

Fingers crossed this works.